Monday, March 15, 2010












Time Line 1

Book art has been a project that we did not have much time on, however, it has proven to be a fun project that I did with my kids. We put together some puzzles that we got at the dollar store so we could save money. I let the kids choose the puzzles that we were going to use and the number of them. Once home we started putting them together outside. I choose to do an puzzle style accordion book with the puzzles as the context. The puzzles are of children’s stories and learning activities like, maps, and ABCs.

Once the puzzles were put together I sealed the front with a sealer and the after it was dry I let the kids pick a color of acrylic paint and then we used our hands to paint on the backs of the puzzles. I thought a snake pattern would be nice like a path, road, or line that showed our growth. The three year old had her own idea and it turned out good. Once we were done playing with the paints I sealed the back as well to encase their hand prints in the backs of the puzzles. I then drilled through the puzzles so that they may be attached together with some brown yarn that I found at the house. Once sealed and attached the front of the book is all about the growing and learning of children and the back is the time line of our life. Life isn’t perfect so I choose to remove one puzzle piece from each one to remind us that that it isn’t perfect but we can make the best of what we have every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment