Thursday, January 28, 2010


Today I picked a different design for my first project. We are working with line and a skeleton & Skin idea. So instead of a bridge, I think I will try a sort of hand or fingers coming through a film or skin, and all of that on a base of three large spheres connected to each other by lines with different flow to them all, but still connected as one motion or line. As the glass is molten it becomes one mass of glass and it knows what the feelings or emotions of the person who is attempting to manipulate it into something that is beautiful. So the idea of learning, bonding, feeling, and becoming one with the medium that you choose is a very real thing and way more than an idea. Many times have I had I glass piece crack or even shatter in the middle or even end of a project. Anyway here are some rough sketches of the new idea. I will try to attach some small cobalt blue twisted type lines running up the angular three shafts that will hold the top sphere and the five shafts that will represent some sort of abstract fingers from something. Then I will (hopefully) cover the whole thing with a type of clear wrap ping as to be able to see inside of the abstract pyramid.

No comments:

Post a Comment