Tuesday, January 26, 2010





On January 17, my 16 year old nephew was taken from us, as a result of a tragic accident. While in McCall over the week to celebrate his wonderful life we were battling the cold as the snow fell. However, on the day of the funeral the sun came out and warmed us all, as if someone had blown away the clouds and warmed us with his presents, just as Skyler would have done for the one he loves. Here are some photos of this beautiful day that Skyler gave us. I want to make something to commemorate his life and have found some inspiration in this tragedy. "Sixteen Tears" seems to be a common factor for me so I think that some glass tears to start and then we will see where they feel like going. So here is the start of my rough sketch. Rest In Peace my nephew I love you and will miss you. On another note my current art project has my thinking about skin and skeletons and the use of them in different art applications. I am choosing the media of glass and plastic wrap to create a "Bridge to Nowhere" and here is its conception. More to come on this and I hope today to start physical work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment