Thursday, January 28, 2010






Matt Dean is a glass artist that has been making functional glass art. His chandeliers (very much like Chihully) are very beautiful. He has pushed the glass lighting even further with his flush mounted lights and use of large leaf shaped pedals instead of pulled points.The new lights he is making look a little like plants and sea animals (squid or jellyfish) that are swimming toward you, or a plant opening up to swallow you whole. The use of lies in the pedals and on the ends of them draw you to the mass of the light. His chandeliers were the first ones I've seen in BOROSILICATE glass and very inspiring. After seeing the chandelier in the garden I started on my first one (out of Bronco colors) that is much smaller than Matt's and hung it in my office. Here is a pic of it. It was so much fun I wish that I could afford to do this all day every day. It's so much fun. I have made one that hung in Boise at a high $ salon but now it is home I will post a pic of it and my new wall sconce soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment