Friday, January 29, 2010



Peter Greenwood is another glass artist that I admire. He is a off hand-glass blower ( there are two types of glass blowers off-hand and lamp-worker) that pushes his use of glass to the extreme. I particularly love his functional glass like his furniture, lighting, goblets, wall sculptures, and so much more. Here are just a few art pieces in a display of his. In this display note the glass table to the left is done in clear glass and ultra-violet glue and his use of organic shapes to create the base for the table top as if the base was blooming and pushing the top up-wards. The sun flower and the multi colored wall sculptures that look like some sort of bamboo or other stems of a plant are very beautiful and quite large. His ideas for the shelves were also great and I have never seen anything like this before and it really is inspiring for me. I would invite you to look at his web site at www.petergreenwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment