Friday, February 19, 2010

My third found object for our latest project called, "Transformation" is a light bulb. After looking at its formal qualities which are Some are very transparent, some are not as transparent, they come in many sizes, they are glass and metal, massed produced, they illuminate, they screw into a socket, they come in different colors, they can dim, and they can get hot. Some of its informal qualities are that they light up the rooms we need, light up art works, create romance, happiness, fear, communicate, advertise, guide, alert, create art, light art, and can be art itself. Just looking at these found objects in an artistic manner I get a feel for them that I think could guide me to make something really cool ; however I think I will sick with a hair brush out of plastic forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment