Friday, February 12, 2010

I have been thinking about the transformation project that we are doing. I have started a list of words that describe the formal and informal qualities of the plastic fork to assist me in coming up with the final decision on a project with these forks. The formal qualities of this fork are that it's plastic, white, smooth, pointy, glossy, shiny, long, skinny, flat, flexible,sharp, and man made. The informal qualities are that it's used for eating food, placed on a table, held in the hand, digging into soft food (mashed potatoes), for presentation, for romance, picnics, date nights (going out), weddings, or to pry open things. After studying these words I think that I will attempt a hair brush out of plastic forks. I will start playing with them again to find a way to get the brush design incorporated with the forks, then I need to address scope, scale, and shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment